nice to meet you...

I like a heap of things. Writing. Thinking. Photography. Film-making. Conspiring. Aspiring. Dreaming. Reading. Watching. Listening. Electronics.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness (A Book Reflection)

The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness by Timoty Keller is an explosive little book. A friend suggested it here first. He expounded on the contents of the book a lot better than I can (so click that link and have a read). I read it this morning (about 8 hours before writing this post).



The line that is replaying itself in my head is: "... the essence of gospel-humility is not thinking more of myself or less of myself, it is thinking of myself less..." (32). This Keller goes onto say is, "blessed self-forgetfulness".

I will be contemplating this for a while yet!

I really suggest you get your hands on this book, especially if low/high self esteem is something you struggle or are aware of in your own life.

Grace and Peace,
Andy

(p.s. a place where you can get a copy: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Freedom-Self-Forgetfulness-Timothy-Keller/9781906173418)



No comments:

Post a Comment